Форум

SSC Exams General English Grammar Guide

SSC Exams General English Grammar Guide

The SSC English Grammar Guide is a guide to help you master the grammar of the language. It provides an introduction to some of the most common errors that students make, as well as advice on how best to avoid them.

Verb

Verb is a word that expresses action, state, or a state of being. It has two main functions: to be the main verb in a sentence and as an auxiliary verb. Verbs are also used as modifiers for other parts of speech, such as nouns and adjectives. In this role they are called adverbs when they modify verbs (e.g., "run quickly"), prepositions if they precede nouns (e.g., "on the table"), interjections when they express emotion (e.g., "ouch!"), etc.[1]

Adverb

Adverbs are words that modify a verb, an adjective or another adverb. They usually end in -ly (happily), but not always (quickly).

Adverbs can also be used to describe our feelings about something or how we feel about something. For example: I'm happy! I'm excited! Or even: he is angry at me because I broke his toy car yesterday morning when we were playing together in the school playground during recess time...

Preposition

Prepositions are words that show the relationship between words and ideas, or between words and time.

Examples:

The cat is under the table.

The car is parked in front of my house.

When will you be back?

Articles

A, an (a-n) - Used to refer to people, places and things. It can also be used in the definite article position if there is no other word preceding it. For example: I have seen her once before she moved away from town; "The teacher asked us what we wanted for Christmas" - The teacher asked us what we wanted for Christmas (no sentence break between these two sentences).

Some - Used as an adjective before nouns that modify the noun they follow and not immediately preceding it. For example: Some of my classmates have been very helpful with this coursework so far but others haven't done anything at all yet!

Conjunctions

Conjunctions are words that join two parts of a sentence. They can be used to connect words, phrases, or clauses. Some common conjunctions are:

and

but

or

so (this is a verb)

yet (this is an adverb)

therefore

neither nor/nor this, nor that

Tenses

The tense of a verb is a grammatical category that determines when an action occurred. There are three tenses: present, past and future.

Present Tense

The present tense is used to talk about things that have happened in the past or will happen in the future. For example: "I am writing this article right now."

Past Tense

The past tense describes something that occurred before another event occurred in the same sentence or clause (a clause is part of speech containing one or more sentences). It also describes something that was true at a particular point in time but no longer holds true today--for example: "My dog died last year."

Nouns

Nouns are words that name people, places, things and ideas. They are used to refer to specific people, places, things or ideas. Nouns can also be used as the subject of a sentence.

Examples:

The dog ran away from home. (Noun - subject)

I saw an elephant yesterday at the zoo. (Noun - object of preposition 'at')

Phrase and Clause

Phrases and clauses are groups of words joined by a conjunction, or word that joins sentences. They can be separated by commas, but in general, they are not separated by any other symbols.

Phrases:

A phrase is a group of words that function as a single unit within the sentence and perform some function for it. Examples include "the doctor said," "the cat went to sleep," and "the book was written by Jane Austen."

Clauses:

A clause is a group of words that performs an independent part in speech or writing. An example would be "I want ice cream." Clauses can also contain phrases if necessary; for example, when you say "I want ice cream," there are two separate clauses being used at once—one clause contains three elements ("ice cream"), while another contains four elements ("I").

Subject-Verb Agreement

Subject-Verb Agreement

The subject and verb must agree in number, person, and gender.

A singular subject takes a singular verb.

A plural subject takes a plural verb.

An impersonal one or it takes no personal pronoun (it).

Transformation Of Sentences

There are many ways to transform sentences. For example, you can change a statement into a question or an exclamation by adding a question mark or exclamation point at the end of it. You can also use words like 'however' and 'nevertheless' to show contrast between ideas (for example, "I love chocolate but I hate strawberry ice cream.").

Another common way that people change their sentences is by adding different kinds of words at the beginning or end of them ("As soon as" means roughly "when"). In this case we're talking about transforming your sentence into one that has exactly the same meaning but sounds very different from what you started with!

Voice And Narration

Voice is the tone of your writing. It's the way you speak, and it can be friendly or formal, informal or formal, direct or indirect.

You can use a variety of techniques to change the tone of your writing:

Use shorter sentences. A short sentence sounds more direct than a long one because there are fewer words between "you" and "I." For example:

Use contractions (for example I'm instead of I am). Contractions make things sound more friendly and casual; they also help make text easier to read because there are fewer syllables per word than in non-contracted forms (such as am not). For example:

Takeaway:

Takeaway:

This article is all about general English grammar, and it's a good place to start if you want to improve your SSC CGL exam score. It will help you understand how important grammar is in the exam and how it can help you improve your performance in the test.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I think we can all agree that the English language is a beautiful thing. It has its own unique way of expressing things and telling stories that can be hard to wrap your head around at first, but once you get used to it, you’ll never want anything else. This guide should give you a good starting point for understanding the grammar of English by giving examples from real life situations such as making dinner or watching TV with friends!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qpkjNu4Sjt3770HN05Ce3azgSBGCK7_g?usp=share_link

Ответить в эту тему Открыть новую тему Поделиться на моем графике

0 Ответы

Нет ответов