فورم

CMAT 2023 SYLLABUS

CMAT 2023 SYLLABUS

Introduction

This course introduces fundamental concepts of computer programming and problem solving, including variables, types, expressions, assignment statements, conditionals, loops. Multiple examples are used to teach sound principles of logic design and good programming style. Concepts are reinforced by laboratory projects written in Python and demonstrated using the IDE tool PyCharm. No prior programming experience is required (On-campus/Online).

Official Title: CMAT 2023 - Introduction to Computing

The CMAT 2023 - Introduction to Computing is an introductory course in computing. This course will help you develop an understanding of the history and relevance of computing, as well as provide a foundation for further studies in this field. It also introduces you to basic concepts such as programming, algorithms, data structures and databases.

The course consists of lectures delivered by leading academia members on topics such as:

History and relevance of computing

Concepts such as programming (coding), algorithms, data structures and databases

Instructor: Dr. Bob Fink

Dr. Bob Fink

Assistant Professor of Computer Science

PhD in Computer Science from the University of Virginia

M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Virginia

B.S., Computer Science

Prerequisite(s): CMAT 1013 or MATH 1033 [MAJOR] OR [GENERAL]

Students who have not taken CMAT 1013 or MATH 1033 [MAJOR] OR [GENERAL] must first take the prerequisite course before taking the course. Students who have taken MATH 1033 should then take CMAT 1013 before taking CMAT 2023.

Course Description: A first course in computer programming and problem solving that prepares the student for further study in Computer Science. This course introduces fundamental concepts of computer programming and problem solving, including variables, types, expressions, assignment statements, conditionals, loops, files, functions, arrays, classes and objects. Multiple examples are used to teach sound principles of logic design and good programming style. Concepts are reinforced by laboratory projects written in Python and demonstrated using the IDE tool PyCharm. No prior programming experience is required. (On-campus/Online)

You will learn the following:

Introduction to Computer Programming and Problem Solving

Variables, Types, Expressions, Assignment Statements, Conditionals, Loops, Files and Functions

Arrays (1D or 2D) - How they work with lists/dictionaries; Searching for a value in an array using index notation; Sorting arrays by their values using list/dictionary traversal techniques.

Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of this course you should be able to do the following:

You should be able to do the following:

Define the problem before starting on a solution.

Set goals for yourself, but don't worry about what other people's goals are or what you think they should be. This is your time and effort, so make it count! If you want to lose weight, then find out how much exercise is necessary for weight loss—and then set about achieving those results in 3-6 months' time (for example).

If possible, try not to set yourself impossible deadlines; instead aim high with realistic targets that will allow room for growth and improvement over time. For example: "I want to run my first marathon in three years." Or "I'd like to get back into shape after having kids." If you set yourself goals that are too lofty or too vague, it can be hard to measure your progress and see how much you've improved. You might find yourself feeling frustrated and unmotivated because it's difficult to tell how well you're doing compared to what you expected. When you set goals, it's important to be specific about what you want. For example: "I want to run my first marathon in three years." Or "I'd like to get back into shape after having kids." If you set yourself goals that are too lofty or too vague, it can be hard to measure your progress and see how much you've improved. You might find yourself feeling frustrated and unmotivated because it's difficult to tell how well you're doing compared

Conclusion

The purpose of this course is to provide students with an introduction to computing. The course begins with an overview of computer programming, including the history of computing and how computers work. It then moves into basic concepts such as variables, assignment statements, conditional statements, loops and functions. Programming assignments are used throughout the course so students can see how these concepts play out in practice

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nZ0yjtG2r8T73DnZoBQo_i1vGh5G19le?usp=sharing

اس موضوع پر جواب دیں۔ میری ٹائم لائن پر شیئر کریں۔

0 جوابات

دکھانے کے لیے کوئی جواب نہیں۔